The Big Agnes Fly Creek Ultralight (UL) Tent series are built and designed to be the best and lightest tent available for ultralight fanatics - every other long haul backpacker . The Big Agnes Fly Creek UL2 is ideal for lightweight devotees who want a freestanding structure, but aren't willing to commit a ton of space in their pack . The Fly Creek 2 person model offers a roomy abode for 1 backpacker and a minimalist squeeze for 2 . Buy the Fly Creek UL2 today and make it your go-to tent for your next thru-hiking adventure.
Features of the Big Agnes Fly Creek UL2 Ultralight Backpacking Tent:
- Three season, free standing, Ultralight backpacking tent
- DAC Featherlite NSL pole system with press fit connectors and lightweight hubs - featuring eco-friendly anodizing
- All DAC poles made from TH72M aluminum: the latest technology in lightweight tent poles featuring improved durability
- Fly is ultralight silicone treated nylon rip-stop with a 1200 mm waterproof polyurethane coating
- Floor is ultralight silicone treated nylon rip-stop with a 1200 mm waterproof polyurethane coating
- Tent body is ultralight breathable nylon rip-stop and polyester mesh
- Mesh body offers excellent ventilation
- Single hub/pole design makes set up easy
- DAC Twist clips attach tent body to the pole frame for quick and easy set up
- Single door and vestibule
- Three side mesh pockets included
- Reflective guyline and reflective webbing on tent corners for nighttime visibility
- All seams taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane (No PVC or VOC's) tape
- 11 Superlight aluminum J stakes - featuring eco-friendly anodizing - included
- Gear loft loops included: Fits Big Agnes TRIANGLE gear loft - sold separately
- Footprint sold separately
- Color: Cool Grey/Gold
Specifications of the Big Agnes Fly Creek UL2 Ultralight Backpacking Tent:
- Trail Weight: 1 lb 15 oz
- Packed Weight: 2 lb 5 oz
- Footprint Weight: 5 oz
- Fast Fly Weight: 1 lb 7 oz
- Packed Size: 4" x 18.5"
- Floor Area: 28 sq ft
- Vestibule Area: 7 sq ft
- Head Height" 38"
- Foot Height: 24"
Note: Trail weight refers to poles, fly and tent body . Packed weight includes poles, fly, tent body, stakes, guy lines, stuff sacks, instructions, and packaging . Fast Fly weight refers to the poles, tent fly and accessory Fast Fly footprint .
Customers who like the Big Agnes Fly Creek UL2 Ultralight Backpacking Tent also liked the Big Agnes Slater Ultralight 2P+ Tent.
1 customer reviews
Reviewed by 6' 3" dudeBy Dylan January 16, 2016
I (am a 6' 3" dude who) used this tent with a buddy (who's 5' 10'') for about 150 nights camped on a cycling trip. The 2# weight is awesome, although this isn't the kind of tent for spending lots of hours hanging out. It's barely big enough for me to sit in, there's one main spot to sit without head brushing the ceiling, which is fine when I'm the only one in it, but with another person it's kinda tight.
Also the one door on the front can be tricky for middle-of-the-night getting-out-to-pee.
I've used it for several nights solo and for that it's so perfect. This would probably be better for 2 average sized people, or a couple.
It held up great in rain and wind though and it's got 3 nice pockets. Also has a nice ceiling for stargazing on clear nights. I give it a 7/10 as a 2P because I have a semi-unrealistic longing on the space/weight ratio. For a 1P I give it a 9/10.