|Home > ALL OUTDOOR GEAR CATEGORIES > Sleeping Bags and Sleeping Pads > All Sleeping Bag & Pad Brands > Big Agnes Sleeping Bags > Big Agnes Storm King 0° Sleeping Bag |
Down / DownTek™
Big Agnes Storm King 0° Sleeping Bag
Down / DownTek™
The Big Agnes Storm King 0° DownTek™ Sleeping Bag is made with BA's State-of-the-Art Insotect Flow Construction system. The Storm King is simply one of the best cold-weather bags around! Insotect Flow uses vertical chambers to prevent insulation shifting - so no more waking up in the middle of the night freezing! DownTek™ is a specially treated down that helps maintain the down's loft even when wet. Big Agnes has purposely designed the Storm King with wider shoulders than most other mummy bags. This allows more room to bring in extra clothes, boot liners, water bottle, whatever, while you sleep. Compared to a traditional rectangular bag, the extra room in the Storm King allows you to sleep comfortably on your side.
Knowing that insulation on the bottom of the bag just gets compressed under your own body weight and ends up having very little insulating properties, Big Agnes shaves weight by leaving out the insulation in favor of a pad sleeve. After all it's your pad that will keep the frozen earth away from you (choose a warm one!) Brilliant!
The Storm King's built-in sleeping pad sleeve and pillow pocket perfectly fits the Big Agnes Dual Core Pad and most standard sleeping pads (check dimensions or outfit yourself with a Big Agnes sleeping pad!) There’s no rolling off this thing because you literally can’t. The air dam around the neck and shoulders keeps you toasty and the dual zippers are great for venting.
Click on the link below to make your package complete with a Big Agnes sleeping pad.
Features of the Big Agnes Storm King 0° Down/DownTek™ Sleeping Bag:
Specifications of the Big Agnes Storm King 0° Down/DownTek™ Sleeping Bag:
- Integrated full pad sleeve. Never roll off your pad again
- Rectangular shape offers more room in foot box and shoulders
- Cotton storage sack & nylon stuff sack included
- Built in pillow pocket holds a fleece or Big Agnes Pillow
- Interior fabric loops for sleeping bag liners
- 70" YKK #8 zipper. Mate together any of our left and right zip bags with the same size
- No-draft collar seals around neck to keep cold air from sneaking in
- No-draft wedge insulates the connection between the bag and pad
- No-draft zipper tube insulates along the length of the zipper
- Shell fabric: Down proof, nylon microfiber rip-stop. WR surface treatment to repel water
- Lining: Soft, breathable down proof nylon microfiber with stain resistant finish
- Pad sleeve: Nylon rip-stop. WR surface treatment to repel water
- Flow™ Construction: Insotect Flow™ is a flow-optimized insulation system that delivers uniform heat distribution and natural body contouring through its revolutionary baffle design. Flow Construction eliminates lateral and vertical down shifting by using vertical chambers with Flow Gates to regulate fill positioning and density. Strategically placed Flow Gates minimize vertical down shifting while vertical chambers minimize lateral shifting. With continuous vertical Flow chambers in place of traditional side seams, Flow bags eliminate potential cold spots which can occur with side seams. Vertical baffles now flow with your body for more rapid and uniform body heat distribution.
- LEFT OR RIGHT ZIPPER? When you are in the bag, on your back, the right zip will be on your right side, left zip on your left side
Click here to get your Big Agnes sleeping pad: Big Agnes Sleeping Pad Options.
- Color: Blue/Black
- Fill Type: 650 fill DownTek™ (1 left in 650 regular 650 goose down)
- Pad Size: Regular 20"x72" / Long 20"x78"
- Fill Weight: Regular 22 oz / Long 24 oz
- Bag Weight: Regular 3 lb 4 oz / Long 3 lb 8 oz
- Shoulder Girth: Regular 70" / Long 73"
- Hip Girth: Regular 66" / Long 69"
- Foot Girth: Regular 54" / Long 55"
- Stuff Sack Size: 9” x 20”
- Compressed Bag Size: Regular 8”x9” / Long 8”x10”
Learn more about Big Agnes DownTek™ technology: