|Home > ALL OUTDOOR GEAR CATEGORIES > Backpacking Backpacks, Hiking Backpacks, & Travel Bags > All Backpacking Brands > Gregory Backpacks > Gregory Alpinisto 50 Mountaineering Backpack |
Gregory Alpinisto 50 Mountaineering Backpack
The Gregory Alpinisto 50 Mountaineering Backpack is a technical, alpine climbing machine that goes from a sturdy load hauler to lightweight summit bag with the swift removal of components. The Alpinisto 50L (varies with size) capacity is perfect for an overnighter or when you need to bring a little extra gear. The Gregory Alpinisto 50 can be customized to meet your needs - remove the waistbelt padding, bivy pad, framesheet, and stay to shave a full pound when you need to go from load carrying to ultralight summit bid mode. The lightweight and durable Gregory Alpinisto 50 Mountaineering Backpack is an Alpinist Mountain Standards Winner.
The Gregory Alpinisto 50 is featured in Outside Magazine's essential 2013 Gear Guide. Says Outside Magazine: "The Alpinisto is loaded with ice-climbing and ski-mountaineering features, but you don't need to scale technical peaks to appreciate this 50 L pack's oversize A-frame ski loops and burly aluminum buckles. The Alpinisto has the ability to be all or nothing with little compromise."
Features of the Gregory Alpinisto 50 Mountaineering Backpack:
Specifications of the Gregory Alpinisto 50 Mountaineering Backpack:
- Fusion Flex suspension features a die-cut HDPE framesheet with an aluminum stay to offer support and load transfer; cross-stay ensures the pack will not barrel under heavy loads
- Thermoformed back panel fits snugly against your back and sheds snow
- Anti-slip lumbar pad transfers the load to your hips
- Shoulder straps feature tapered dual-density padding for comfort and are cut for maximum freedom of movement
- High dual-density waist-belt integrates with a climbing harness
- Main pack body closes with a single anodized hook for simplicity and durability; main body also accessible by side zipper
- Removable waist belt padding, foam bivy pad, and top pocket let you shave weight for lightweight pushes
- High-visibility alpine gold color makes you easy to pick out on a mountain face; bright interior color helps you locate your gear easily
- Hydration hose port features locking zipper to keep it from slipping (reservoir sold separately)
- Removable top pocket features a cutout so your helmet doesn't bang against the pack
- Stowable crampon pocket includes a TPU panel to protect the pack and its contents
- Dual ski slots hold your planks while the dual ice axe attachment system is compatible with all modern tool head designs
- Sled pull attachment points on waistband, rope strap, haul loops, and gear loops and an ice clipper slot on waistband give you the means to haul all your gear
- Bivy pad included; can be removed
X-Small Size Specs
Small Size Specs
- Volume: 40 L (2441 cu in)
- Weight: 3 lb 4 oz (1.47 kg)
- Torso Length: 14" - 16"
Medium Size Specs
- Volume: 44 L (2685 cu in)
- Weight: 3 lb 7 oz (1.56 kg)
- Torso Length: 16" - 18"
Large Size Specs
- Volume: 48 liters (2929 cu in)
- Weight: 3 lbs 10 oz (1.64 kg)
- Torso Length: 18" - 20"
Customers who like the Gregory Alpinisto 50 Mountaineering Backpack also like the Osprey Variant 52 Climbing Backpack.
- Volume: 51 liters (3112 cu in)
- Weight: 3 lbs 13 oz (1.73 kg)
- Torso Length: 20" - 22"