|Home > ALL OUTDOOR GEAR CATEGORIES > Glacier Sunglasses, Polarized Sunglasses, & Ski Goggles > All Eyewear Brands > Julbo Sunglasses, Glacier Glasses, and Ski Goggles > Julbo Bivouak Sunglasses (NEW colors!)|
Julbo Bivouak Sunglasses (NEW colors!)
The Julbo Bivouak Sunglasses are the world's first sunglasses with magnetic protective shields. Add the Bivouak's magnetic side shields to increase protection against enhanced light reflection, on snow for example, or remove them for regular use. Outdoor sports have met their match with the Julbo Bivouak, offering solar protection for any condition.
- The Julbo Bivouak is available in 3 different lenses: the Spectron 4 polycarbonate lens, the Zebra Antifog Photochromatic (transition) lens, or the Camel Antifog polarized and photochromatic (transition) lens.
- Wide lenses offer optimal coverage. Read more about Julbo Lens options and technologies
- The magnetic side shields are easy to handle, fast to adapt and very durable.
Lens Data: All Julbo lenses are optical category 1, guaranteeing 100% protection against UVA, B and C radiation.
Julbo Bivouak Frame Specs:
- The Spectron 4 lens is one of Julbo's darkest lenses. It is a polycarbonate lens that comes with a flash and anti-glare treatment. It has a 5% rate of transmission of visible light and an EC Protection Index rating of 4, meaning that it allows between 4% to 8% of light through the lens.
- The Zebra Anti-Fog lens is another of Julbo's quality anti-fog transition lenses. This lens is an NXT lens that comes with anti-fog and photochromic treatment. It has a variable rate of transmission of visible light and an EC Protection Index rating of 2-4, meaning that it allows between 3% and 43% of light through the lens. NXT lenses are Julbo's high mass impact and high velocity impact lens solution that combine the features of photochromic (transition) lens technology with anti-fog treatment.
- The Camel Anti-Fog lens is Julbo's best lens developed for the mountain range and recommended for mountain and desert terrain. This lens is an NXT Polarized and Photochromic lens that comes with an anti-fog treatment and transitions between lighter and darker shades. It has a 5-16% rate of transmission of visible light and an EC Protection Index rating of 3-4, meaning that it allows between 3% and 18% of light through the lens. NXT lenses are Julbo's high mass impact and high velocity impact lens solution that combine the features of photochromic (transition) lens technology with anti-fog treatment. This lens is polarized, as well.
- Lens Width: 66mm
- Nosepiece Width: 19mm
- Temple Length: 115mm
The Julbo Bivouaks are a top pick in the "essentials" category in the 2010 Backpacker Magazine Gear Guide! Here's what the reviewers had to say about the Bivouak:
"Our Mt. Rainier tester loved the bendable stems, lens venting, and wide coverage."-Backpacker Magazine Review, April 2010
The Julbo Bivouaks were also Backpacker Magazines Fall/Winter 2009 pick for glacier glasses!
NEW: Check out our Blog: Glacier Glasses - Polarized or No?