|Home > ALL OUTDOOR GEAR CATEGORIES > SOLD OUT / DISCONTINUED / NO LONGER AVAILABLE > LEKI Backcountry Ultralite Speedlock Poles - SOLD OUT|
LEKI Backcountry Ultralite Speedlock Poles - SOLD OUT
LEKI is the worldís leading manufacturer of Skiing, Trekking and Nordic Walking poles. For over 60 years, outdoor enthusiasts have appreciated the quality, value and technology that goes into each and every one of LEKIís products.
LEKI focuses on extensive European research and independent testing on one thing: making the best poles for each person out there. Because poles, race gear and gloves are NEKIís only business, they arenít distracted with designing other lines of merchandise; LEKI are THE pole experts. So, when deciding which brand of poles to buy for your active lifestyle, thereís no comparison.
The LEKI Backcountry Ultralite Speedlock Poles are ideal for backcountry skiing, snowshoeing, or any backcountry activity that reguires a strong, stable, adjustable pole. A long rubberized handle gives you plenty of space to move your grip down the pole or hold the shaft horizontally to stabilize yourself during a steep ascent. LEKI gave this lightweight but tough aluminum shaft a quick-adjustment system for uphill, downhill, and storage. The Backcountry Ultralite has LEKIís Speedlock device, a securely locking lever on the mid-shaft which loows you to adjust this lightweight pole from 37-55 in (94-140cm). The Twister basket dynamically tilts up to 45-degree from horizontal to match the angle of the slope and to help you gain maximum traction and push. Cross slippery slopes with ease thanks to the long Carbide flextip that bites into ice and deep crust. All this, AND itís ultralite too!
Features of the LEKI Backcountry Ultralite SpeedLock Poles:
Description of LEKIís innovative Speedlock System:
- Recommended Use: alpine skiing, backcountry skiing, snowshoeing
- Grip: AERGON Soft / Thermo
- Shaft: 6.0 HTS aluminum
- Shaft Size: 16/14
- Basket: Snowflake
- Tip: Carbide Flextip
- Usable Range: 94 - 140 cm
- Locking Mechanism: SpeedLock
- Item No.: 635-2747
- Warranty: 2 Year
SpeedLock is a completely new system using unique design features to achieve the high locking force and adjustment security that is up to 10 times stronger than other external locks. The red locking lever is a readily identifiable feature of LEKI's new super-fast adjustment technology. The SpeedLock mechanism offers the highest locking force of any external adjustment system on the market, far exceeding the T‹V standard. The simple and easy to use mechanism adjusts quickly and securely even when wearing gloves or when used in rain, ice or snow. Fast, Easy and Reliable.
- Integrated stainless steel pressure plate allows the red locking lever to apply a vice-like grip on the shaft section to be locked.
- The fiberglass reinforced polyamide lock mechanism resists stretching unlike other external locks, so SpeedLock poles can be shipped and stored in the locked position without reducing the strength or integrity of the locking strength.
- The easily accessible "Speed Dial" can be adjusted to provide more locking power (if needed) in extreme conditions.