|Home > List of All Brands > Leki Poles > LEKI BACKCOUNTRY POLES > Leki Haute Route SpeedLock Backcountry Poles|
Leki Haute Route SpeedLock Backcountry Poles
LEKI is the world’s leading manufacturer of Skiing, Trekking and Nordic Walking poles. For over 60 years, outdoor enthusiasts have appreciated the quality, value and technology that goes into each and every one of LEKI’s products.
LEKI focuses on extensive European research and independent testing on one thing: making the best poles for each person out there. Because poles, race gear and gloves are NEKI’s only business, they aren’t distracted with designing other lines of merchandise; LEKI are THE pole experts. So, when deciding which brand of poles to buy for your active lifestyle, there’s no comparison.
Leki Haute Route Speedlock Ski Poles 2012: Dependable, adjustable, and designed for touring, the Leki Haute Route Speedlock Ski Poles won’t fail you. Aluminum construction makes the Haute Route Poles light but strong, the large Aergon grip provides a range of comfortable grip options, and a carbide tip can be driven into ice and frozen rock. The simple and easy Speed Lock system adjusts quickly and securely even while wearing your gloves in ice, rain, and snow.
Features of the LEKI Haute Route SpeedLock
Specifications of the LEKI Haute Route SpeedLock
- Shaft: HTS 6.5 Aluminum // Diameter: 18mm upper/16mm lower // Speed Lock is the most secure and safe external locking mechanism in the world that can easily be adjusted at any time - large range adjustable length: 36-60”, 90-150cm. // Ultra Sonic Finish // Carbide tip
- Straps: One piece Leki strap makes sure your poles are never far from you.
- Grip: Large Aergon support area on top of grip for secure hold with edgeless outer shape for a variety of gripping options // Biotec2 is an extremely lightweight shell cavity construction. // Aergon soft grip allows you to choke up on the pole for steeper ascents
Description of LEKI’s innovative Speedlock System:
- Grip: AERGON Soft / Thermo
- Shaft: 6.5
- Shaft Size: 18/16
- Basket: Snowflake powder baskets
- Tip: Carbide Flextip
- Length: 30 – 60 in (90 - 150 cm)
- Item No.: 635-2740
- Warranty: 2 Year
SpeedLock is a completely new system using unique design features to achieve the high locking force and adjustment security that is up to 10 times stronger than other external locks. The red locking lever is a readily identifiable feature of LEKI's new super-fast adjustment technology. The SpeedLock mechanism offers the highest locking force of any external adjustment system on the market, far exceeding the TÜV standard. The simple and easy to use mechanism adjusts quickly and securely even when wearing gloves or when used in rain, ice or snow. Fast, Easy and Reliable.
Description of the innovative LEKI AERGON Grip:
- Integrated stainless steel pressure plate allows the red locking lever to apply a vice-like grip on the shaft section to be locked.
- The fiberglass reinforced polyamide lock mechanism resists stretching unlike other external locks, so SpeedLock poles can be shipped and stored in the locked position without reducing the strength or integrity of the locking strength.
- The easily accessible "Speed Dial" can be adjusted to provide more locking power (if needed) in extreme conditions.
- The first grip designed from the ground up specifically for trekking and touring.
- Large support area on top of the grip for secure hold.
- An edgeless outer shape offers a variety of comfortable, secure gripping options.
- Biotec 2 - Extremely Lightweight shell cavity construction.
Integrated security strap adjustment, lock and release system