|Home > ALL OUTDOOR GEAR CATEGORIES > SOLD OUT / DISCONTINUED / NO LONGER AVAILABLE > Leki Khumbu Non-Antishock / Antishock Trekking Poles - NOT IN STOCK|
Leki Khumbu Non-Antishock / Antishock Trekking Poles - NOT IN STOCK
UPDATED FOR 2012!The Leki Khumbu Aergon AS Poles are part of Leki's Mountain Trek series poles: high-performance poles designed for high-altitude trekking. Leki's Khumbu Poles are great for heavier pack weight. With the Aergon grip, Leki's new speedlock locking system, and antishock option, these Leki poles are a great workhorse for any hiking or trekking adventure.
About Leki's AERGON Grip
- AERGON Soft Grip
- SpeedLock Locking System
- Performance Basket
- Universal Carbide Tip
- Ultra Sonic Finish
- Weight: 19.8 oz, Length: 70-145 cm
About Leki's SpeedLock Technology
- The first grip designed from the ground up specifically for trekking and touring.
- Large support area on top of the grip for secure hold.
- An edgeless outer shape offers a variety of comfortable, secure gripping options.
- Biotec 2 - Extremely Lightweight shell cavity construction.
- Integrated security strap adjustment, lock and release system
SpeedLock is a completely new system using unique design features to achieve the high locking force and adjustment security that is up to 10 times stronger than other external locks. The red locking lever is a readily identifiable feature of LEKI's new super-fast adjustment technology. The SpeedLock mechanism offers the highest locking force of any external adjustment system on the market, far exceeding the TÜV standard. The simple and easy to use mechanism adjusts quickly and securely even when wearing gloves or when used in rain, ice or snow. Fast, Easy and Reliable.
Looking for these same great poles but with the additional Anti-shock feature? Check out the Leki Khumbu Aergon AS Antishock poles!
- Integrated stainless steel pressure plate allows the red locking lever to apply a vice-like grip on the shaft section to be locked.
- The fiberglass reinforced polyamide lock mechanism resists stretching unlike other external locks, so SpeedLock poles can be shipped and stored in the locked position without reducing the strength or integrity of the locking strength.
- The easily accessible "Speed Dial" can be adjusted to provide more locking power (if needed) in extreme conditions.