|Home > List of All Brands > Lowa Boots > Lowa Khumbu II GTX Hiking Boots |
Lowa Khumbu II GTX Hiking Boots
The Lowa Khumbu II GTX Hiking Boot is the latest in Lowa's long history making quality backpacking boots. Lowa began making boots 90 years ago in a small village in Germany. This is where sons and apprentices of shoemaker Johann Wagner expanded their father's business vision and incorporated new shoemaking methods such as double stitching. Quality materials, innovations and craftsmanship continue to be a big part of Lowa footwear today. The eco-conscious European company produces a vast selection of long-lasting footwear for backpacking, hiking, trail running and tactical applications. With the development of technologies such as an automatic-centering tongue and a lightweight Monowrap construction, Lowa footwear continues to stand its ground as true innovator and a leader in making top notch boots.
The Lowa Khumbu II GTX Trekking Boot is Lowa's answer to customers wanting a lighter duty Trekking / Backpacking boot with more flexibility underfoot. The Khubmu II GTX is specifically designed for backpackers and hikers who cover a lot of ground while staying mostly on-trail, carrying a medium weight pack.
This is a great backpacking boot or lightweight trekking boot for midweight packs, moderate terrain. The Khumbu II GTX is ideal for do-it-in-a-day activities. This hiking / backpacking boot is waterproof, breathable, and has a protective rubber heel and toe caps for extra durability.
Features of the Lowa Khumbu II GTX Mens Hiking Boots:
Specifications of the Lowa Khumbu II GTX Hiking Boots:
- UPPER: Split leather/Cordura®.
- MIDSOLE: PU with SPS Cushioning - designed to help control over-pronation and supination, reducing fatigue and potential injury when covering long distances.
- LINING: Seamless, waterproof GORE-TEX® lining reduces hot spots. A LOWA patented design.
- OUTSOLE: Vibram® Apptrail which features a self-cleaning tread design, providing excellent grip in rocky terrain.
- SHANK: 3mm nylon.
- FOOTBED: Balance footbed with breathable top layer and slow reacting foam provides fit customization. Transports moisture away from the foot, minimizes friction and reduces fatigue.
- TONGUE STUD/X-LACING: Patent pending tongue stud allows for better pressure distribution.
- C4 TONGUE: Anatomically contoured to cradle the foot in comfort.
- Weight per Pair (Mens Size 9): 2.90 lbs