|Home > ALL OUTDOOR GEAR CATEGORIES > SOLD OUT / DISCONTINUED / NO LONGER AVAILABLE > Lowa Men's Baikal GTX Snowboot - DISCONTINUED|
Lowa Men's Baikal GTX Snowboot - DISCONTINUED
If you’re looking for a reliable, durable, warm, dry winter boot – look no further than the LOWA Baikal GTX Snowboot. This is the boot you want to be wearing for that technical winter traverse of the Knife’s Edge, the Presidentials, or the Tetons. The LOWA Baikal GTX provides excellent support for handling large loads and has a tough Gore-Tex liner for warmth and waterproofing. Says one tester, “The high-cut, split-leather upper gave me tons of ankle support, even on sketchy, angled traverses”.
That, combined with the durable and rigid polyurethane midsole and stiff inserts that prevent pronation and supination, provided awesome stability: Not one tester rolled an ankle, even while crossing rough terrain with up to 50-pound packs. Lowa’s innovative new G3 sole has embedded loops of texturized fabric in the rubber lugs, which enhance grip on icy and wet terrain. “I didn’t slip even when I was pulling myself up steep, frosty slabs in the ’Dacks with a cable,” says another tester.
Webbing lace guides are pressure-free under snowshoe bindings, and the wool/poly fleece insulation keeps toes warm down to 10°F. Make sure you spend the time breaking in the excellent ankle support. Fit is slightly narrow, with medium volume. The highly insulated Lowa Baikal is a multi-purpose winter boot you can use for everything from winter hiking and trekking to snowshoeing. If you’re serious about keeping your feet warm and dry, and your ankles protected during those winter traverses, the LOWA Baikal GTX is the boot!
Specifications of the LOWA Men’s Baikal GTX Snowboot:
- Weight Per Pair ( Men's 9): 3.50 lbs
- Constructed of top quality suede leather and Cordura®.
- Features an ultra-warm and waterproof, GORE-TEX® lining insulated with Panda fleece.
- LOWA’s exclusive new G3 sole unit with supination/pronation support and PU midsole provides maximum grip on snow and ice.
- This innovative sole unit has embedded loops of texturized fabric in the rubber lugs to enhance grip on icy terrain.
- The large lug pattern sole units follow the natural line of foot motion with a minimum of one lug in contact with the ground at all times during the roll-off motion - thus improving stability on snow and ice.