|Home > List of All Brands > Lowa Boots > LOWA MOUNTAINEERING BOOTS > Lowa Unisex Expedition 8000 Boots|
Lowa Unisex Expedition 8000 Boots
The Lowa Expedition 8000 Mountaineering Boots are the Winner of the ISPO Innovation award and the ultimate expedition boot. This boot, handcrafted in Germany, was specifically designed for mountaineers climbing the world's highest 8000 meter peaks. Lowa designed the 8000 GTX Boot for survival in some of Earth’s most inhospitable environments. Focusing on warmth, stability, and durability, Lowa engineers developed a boot that can handle conditions that would destroy other mountaineering boots and leave you stranded in the death zone.The boot has unisex sizing.
"Thanks to the combination of innovative manufacturing technologies and high-end materials, the sophisticated Expedition 8000 boot, manufactured in Germany, offers a considerable plus in wear comfort and protection against frostbite for climbers aspiring to conquer 8,000 meter mountains." - ISPO Award
Features of the Lowa Expedition 8000 Mountaineering Boots:
Specifications of the Lowa Expedition 8000 Mountaineering Boots:
- Highly durable Cordura uppers with full-length gaiters keep snow from getting inside the outer boot
- Gore-Tex Duratherm membrane is guaranteed waterproof and breathable
- Alu-coated PE foam and PrimaLoft inner boot provides insulation
- Vibram Teton outsole with thin EVA insert for full-length cushioning
- Full-length TPU stabilizing plate and ceramic-coated protection band give crampons a stable, secure platform
- Designed for pro expeditions into the 8000m zone.
Take a look at the Lowa Expedition 8000 Mountaineering Boots:
- Shell Material: Cordura, [membrane/laminate] Gore-Tex Duratech, [lining] fleece, [insert] PE foam
- Waterproofing: Gore-Tex Duratech
- Sole: Vibram Expert
- Removable Liner: yes
- Lacing: standard, zipper
- Average Weight: [pair] 5 lbs 15.2 oz (2700 g)
- LINING: Inner boot with Aveolite, GORE-TEX® Duratherm, Alu-coated PE Foam and Primaloft® insulation.
- MIDSOLE: PU Expert.
- OUTSOLE: Vibram® Teton, with full-length TPU stabilizing plate for rigidity to secure crampons.
- FOOTBED: Insulate Pro alu-coated with fleece.
- SHANK: 6 mm nylon, full length and width with a PU layer for total support underfoot
- Recommended Use: mounaineering
- Manufacturer Warranty: 1 year
Need more information? See our Lowa Hiking Boots Sizing page for the right fit or find general hiking boot fit information at our Fitting Backpacking Boots page.