|Home > List of All Brands > MSR Tents, Stoves, Water Filters, and Snowshoes > MSR/Platypus Water Filters and Water Purifiers > MSR HyperFlow Microfilter|
MSR HyperFlow Microfilter
The MSR HyperFlow microfilter utilizes the latest Hollow Fiber Technology and our most advanced engineering to make water treatment so small and so easy to use, it will change the way you travel in the backcountry. Its ergonomic design, diminutive size and tool-free maintainability make it just as appropriate on day trips as it is on multi-day excursions. Add a filtration rate of 3-liters per minute and you’ve got the most efficient microfilter ever created. Also included is a Quick Connect bottle adaptor—allowing direct connection to all MSR® hydration products and a variety of other "wide mouth" containers—and an advanced prefilter to prolong the life of your filter.
- High Flow Rate: Pumps more than 3 liters per minute or one liter every 20 strokes.
- Ultralight: Just 7.4 oz. (209 g).
- Ultra-small: Just 7x3.5 in. ( 17.8 x 8.3 cm) makes it easy to take along even when space is at a premium.
- Field-Maintainable: Can be cleaned repeatedly for flow recovery without tools.
- Super Convenient: Quick Connect bottle adapter lets you filter water directly into a variety of containers, including all MSR hydration products and other wide-mouth containers
- Effective against protozoa Yes
- Effective against bacteria Yes
- Effective against viruses No
- Effective against particulate Yes
- Effective against chemicals/toxins No
- Weight 7.8 oz / 221 g
- Width 3.5 in / 8.3 cm
- Length 7 in / 17.8 cm
- Filter media Hollow Fiber
- Filter pore size 0.2 microns
- Flow (L/min) 3 liters per min
- Flow (strokes per liter) 20
- Cartridge life ~1000 liters
- Field cleanable Yes
- Field maintainable Yes
- Country of Origin Made in Seattle, USA
Bronze OutDoor INDUSTRY AWARD 2008 from the OutDoor European Trade Fair to recognize its high performance in the outdoors and the innovative design choice of hollow fiber material for the filtration media. The MSR HyperFlow microfilter is one of only 27 award winners from a pool of 280 product submissions.
The HyperFlow microfilter is one of only 17 products awarded in 2008 with the prestigious Backpacker Magazine Editors’ Choice Award for outstanding innovation in design, materials and performance.