|Home > List of All Brands > MSR Tents, Stoves, Water Filters, and Snowshoes > MSR/Platypus Water Filters and Water Purifiers > MSR MiniWorks EX Microfilter|
MSR MiniWorks EX Microfilter
The MSR MiniWorks EX microfilter is the worldwide best-selling microfilter, delivering long-lasting, field-maintainable water filtration in demanding environments. Engineered for frequent and heavy use, it utilizes our workhorse Marathon™ EX carbon/ceramic element to ensure clean, reliable and taste-free water. Thanks to its innovative AirSpring Accumulator™, it’s capable of pumping one liter per minute and the flow rate can be renewed easily and repeatedly in the field—no tools required. It’s lightweight and compact and, most importantly, been proven reliable by thousands of adventurers just like you.
- Reliable: Durable carbon/ceramic element ensures safe, taste-free water—even with frequent, heavy use.
- Field-maintainable: Can be cleaned repeatedly for full filter recovery with no tools required.
- Fast Flow: AirSpring Accumulator™ increases filtration speed; up to 1-liter per minute.
- Better-tasting Water: Carbon core removes unpleasant tastes and odors caused by organic compounds, such as iodine, chlorine, and pesticides.
- Effective against protozoa Yes
- Effective against bacteria Yes
- Effective against viruses No
- Effective against particulate Yes
- Effective against chemicals/toxins Yes
- Weight 1 lb / 456 g
- Width 2.75 in / 7 cm
- Length 7.5 in / 19 cm
- Filter media Ceramic Plus Carbon
- Filter pore size 0.2 microns
- Flow (L/min) 1 liters per min
- Flow (strokes per liter) 85
- Cartridge life ~2000 liters
- Field cleanable Yes
- Field maintainable Yes
- Country of Origin Made in Seattle, USA
- Mechanical advantage Yes
- Water Bottle Adapter Yes
- Cartridge replacement indicator Yes