Nicknamed "the Black Kilo", the Crescent Moon Rocket Running Snowshoes weigh only 2.2 pounds per pair or just under 1 kg when direct mounted . The Rocket comes with Crescent Moon's patented single-pull loop race bindings, but they are removable and come with a conversion pack to bolt your running shoes directly on the snowshoe.
The Black Kilo's teardrop shape--with cutouts--allow Crescent Moon to suspend its race binding and its traction system with aluminum crampons . A minimal amount of TGS decking, the same used on Crescent Moon's other snowshoes, is attached within the platform's cutouts . Carbon fiber has a long, well established legacy of use in cold and extreme environments - rocket ships, submarines, airplanes - even performance wheel chairs.
So if you're ready to run - fast and light - on the snow, the Crescent Moon Black Kilo Composite Carbon Fiber Racing Snowshoe has absolutely no equal .
Specifications of the Crescent Moon Black Kilo Snowshoes:
- Weight: 2.2 lb/pr with binding and crampons
- Dimensions: 8 x 24 in
- Use with bindings or without bindings as a direct mount to athletic shoes. All hardware included
- 2.2 lbs./pr. Direct Mount (without binding). 2.84 lbs./pr. with Binding
- Materials: Carbon fiber composite frame
- Traction: Aluminum 3 crampons – toe, ball, heel
- Binding: Lightweight race Single-pull-loop Binding with spring loaded cam buckles. Fits sizes 5 – 15 running shoes
Click here for more information about Crescent Moon Neoprene Over-Booties.