The Osprey All Mighty Guarantee
Really? No kidding? That is what we first thought when we heard about Osprey's All Mighty Guarantee. But then we thought about the Osprey we have all come to know and love, and realize that this amazing guarantee is really just a manisfestation of the quality you find in every backpack, every piece of luggage, .... really anything by Osprey.
THE OSPREY ALL MIGHT GUARANTEE STATES THAT...
Osprey will repair for any reason, free of charge, any damage or defect in our product – whether it was purchased in 1974 or yesterday. If they are unable to perform a functional repair on your pack, they will happily replace it. Osprey proudly stands behind this guarantee, so much so that it bears the signature of company founder and head designer, Mike Pfotenhauer.
My pack needs to be repaired. What do I need to do?
If you live in the United States and need a repair done on your Osprey pack, you will first need to obtain a Return Authorization number. To do so, call Osprey's Returns Department toll free at . Osprey will provide shipping instructions along with your RA Number. PLEASE, do not send your pack in without an RA number!
I just need a replacement part (like a buckle) for my pack. What do I need to do?
Please fill out and submit the Osprey Parts Request Form or call them toll free at . Osprey will get you set up.
How long will it take?
Osprey makes every effort to return your pack within two weeks from the day it arrives at their place in Cortez, Colorado. If you have a specific date that you need your pack back, be sure to let them know when requesting your RA#. The great folks at Osprey will do their best to meet your deadline. (see expedited shipping option below)
What if my pack is really dirty?
When Osprey receives a pack that is too dirty or odiferous to repair, they are restricted by law from repairing it (go figure!). If your pack is not clean, they will have will return it to you, unrepaired. Scroll down to the "PACK CARE" section for tips on cleaning your backpack.
Who pays for shipping cost?
You are only responsible for the charges of shipping the pack to Osprey. Use a method of shipping that provides a tracking number. Osprey cannot be responsible for packages that have not been received by our shipping department. Osprey WILL pay shipping to return your pack via UPS or FedEx.
If you ship your pack to Osprey via an expedited shipping method (i.e. 3-day shipping or faster via UPS or FedEx) it will receive priority processing here and will be returned to you via a similar expedited service. Please do call Please call Osprey at to notify them that you are using an expedited shipping method!
Do I have to register my pack to take advantage of this incredible guarantee? Do I need to be the original owner of my Osprey pack?
NO!! – the All Mighty Guarantee is truly ALL MIGHTY. If you own an Osprey pack that needs to be repaired, Osprey will repair or replace it.
Okay – so what’s NOT covered?
- Program Packs: Our program packs or any Osprey pack used by outdoor programs are ONLY covered under the Program Pack Warranty, NOT AMG. Please contact our Program Pack department for details.
- Size/Fit: We provide a variety of resources and tools for our customers to be sure that the Osprey they purchase really fits. Remember - packs fit as personally as the shoes on your feet. Take this endeavor seriously – a correctly fit Osprey will work on a wide variety of body types. Visit our Sizing and Fitting page for more information and visit an Osprey dealer near you for personal service.
- Preference: Bad color? Wrong style? Not enough or too much room in your pack? Unfortunately we can’t cover personal preference under our guarantee.
- Third Party Repairs or Replacements: You must send your pack to Osprey to take advantage of the All Mighty Guarantee. We do not cover costs incurred via third party repairs or replacements.
- Cosmetic Wear and Tear: Any reasonable aging of your pack that affects only the appearance and not the function of your pack. Be proud of those scars!
- B.A.M.G. (Before All Mighty Guarantee) Repair Work: Sorry – the All Mighty Guarantee applies only to repairs requested on or after January 1, 2009 (any repair costs incurred for a non-warranty repair prior to Jan 1 2009 will not be reimbursed)
- Hydraulics Reservoir: Pouring and storing warm-hot or boiling water or liquids into your reservoir WILL VOID your warranty. Reservoirs are NOT designed to contain or handle liquids at temperature.
Your pack is an extremely durable product built for years of use and abuse. However some basic procedures will ensure that your pack holds up optimally. Packs need love too!
- After each trip be sure to clean out your pack thoroughly – get all your gear out, shake the dirt out, wipe and scrub out nasty stains with a mild detergent
- If it’s wet hang it to dry, out of direct sunlight.
- Loosen all the straps, in particular, the load lifter straps on the harness.
- Store your pack in a cool, dry location
- Wash your pack every now and then.
- If your pack has a removable harness and hipbelt remove them from the pack body.
- Clean your pack and components in a bathtub or large sink using a mild detergent and warm water.
- Agitate the pack gently and then rinse thoroughly.
- Hang dry outdoors or in a well ventilated area out of direct sunlight.
- (Do not immerse travel packs with our High Road™ Wheeled Chassis. Instead wipe the exterior of the chassis and scrub stains on the pack fabric using a bucket of warm water and mild detergent.)