The Tibet GTX Backpacking Boot's high ankle offers a softer flex than the original Tibet Pro GTX and extra support and protection . The Lowa Tibet Backpacking Boot is available with GORE-TEX® lined for wet weather conditions and four season use or a Leather-Lined option. Some people prefer the natural feel of the leather-lined option and simply keep up waterproofing the leather. Lowa gives you both great options - and sizing for larger feet . The Lowa Tibet features a Climate Control System for added comfort as well as lightweight alloy lace loops with sprung lace hooks. The Tibet is also available in wide and extra large sizes.
Backpacker Magazine Gear Guide says: "ALL TERRAIN: From New Hampshire's White Mountains to southeast Alaska, testers hiked this burly, all-leather, waterproof boot through miles of rain, mud, creeks, and found it's waterproofing infallible. This boot may need mention in your will . Ably handled unstable, rocky terrain and the worst bushwhacks. Super supportive. The Lowa Tibet will carry as a big a load as you're willing. After a rough traverse of the Presidential Range, one tester said 'They barely look used'."
Features of the Lowa Tibet GTX Backpacking Boots / LL Hiking Boots:
- UPPER: Nubuk leather .
- LINING: Seamless, waterproof GORE-TEX® lining reduces hot spots. A LOWA patented design .
- CLIMATE CONTROL SYSTEM: Perforations in the boot's lining allows air to enter, pumping heat and moisture back out .
- TONGUE STUD/X-LACING: Patent pending tongue stud allows for better pressure distribution .
- C4 TONGUE: Anatomically contoured to cradle the foot in comfort .
- FLEXFIT: More natural ankle flex and heel fit plus improved stability .
- FOOTBED: Balance footbed with breathable top layer and slow reacting foam provides fit customization. Transports moisture away from the foot, minimizes friction and reduces fatigue.
- MIDSOLE: PU with SPS Dynamic - designed to help control over-pronation and supination, reducing fatigue and potential injury when covering long distances .
- OUTSOLE: Vibram® Masai .
- STABILIZER: 5mm nylon, full length and width with a PU layer for total support underfoot .
- High wall rubber rand .
- Strap-on crampon compatible .
- 9 inches tall
- Handcrafted in Germany
Specifications of the Lowa Tibet GTX Backpacking Boots / LL Hiking Boots:
- Taller ankle shaft of 2.6 mm thick Nubuck leather upper
- Two Options: Waterproof GORE-TEX® lining or Natural Leather-Lining
- Patented AWP: Asymmetric Walking Position
- High rubber randing for durability
- New Vibram® 'Masai' backpacking sole unit with performance PU midsole
- Limited strap on crampon use, if necessary
- Weight: 4 lbs
Take a look at this Lowa video of the Tibet GTX Backpacking Boot series:
Need more information on fitting and sizing backpacking boots ? See our Lowa Hiking Boots Sizing page for the right fit or find general hiking boot fit information at our Fitting Backpacking Boots page.