The Lightning Ascent is an efficient snowshoe for anyone with a narrow gait, or those seeking the lightest possible alternative in our most aggressive snowshoe. This MSR snowshoe for women has all the technical advantages of the men's Lightning Ascent--unprecedented 360° traction and unmatched, all-terrain performance--but fits smaller frames.
The MSR Lightening Ascent Snowshoes are ultra-light with aggressive all-terrain performance . The Lightning Ascent has the latest in tough, durable decking built on a solid foundation . MSR's advanced 360° Traction™ frames and deliver a level of security that tubular frames simply can't-especially on traverses . Dual-component PosiLock™ AT bindings offer secure attachment, while aggressive steel cross members and easily engaged Ergo™ Televators back you up with every step . And like all MSR snowshoes, the Lightning Ascents offer the all-condition adaptability of our Modular Flotation tails . Looking for an ultralight, rugged, all-terrain snowshoe to get you up untracked moutain snow ? Buy MSR Lightening Ascent Snowshoes and all you need is some snow and a mountain ! These snowshoes are a darker silver grey than the snowshoes pictured.
Features of the MSR Lightening Ascent Snowshoes:
- Binding type: PosiLock
- Gait Unisex/normal width
- Available in 25 inch and 30 inch lengths
- Designed for Women: Lighter and narrower with a lower-profile frame, the Lightning Ascent snowshoes improves agility for narrow gaits with maximum, gender-specific stride efficiency .
- Unrivaled Traction: 360° Traction frames deliver edge-to-edge grip, and split teeth of Torsion2™ crampons better distribute forces for more continuous contact-delivering unmatched traction on any terrain, in any conditions .
- Secure Attachment: Two-piece, independently conforming PosiLock™ AT bindings create our most secure, freeze-resistant attachment, regardless of footwear .
- All-Condition Adaptability: Add-on Modular Flotation tails allow you the maneuverability of a smaller, primary snowshoe with the added, on-demand flotation of optional, 5-inch (13-cm) tails .
- Uphill Efficiency: Ergo™ Televators reduce fatigue and increase traction on the steeps with an ergonomic design that engages with a flick of a pole grip .
- Country of Origin Made in the USA of US and Imported Parts
Specifications of the MSR Lightening Ascent Snowshoes:
Specs for 25 in Length:
- Weight per Pair: 3 lbs 12 oz (1.7 kg)
- Dimensions (W x L): 7.25 x 25 in (18 x 64 cm)
- Fits Size: Women's 4.5 - 14 (EU 35.5 -48)
- Maximum Load Capacity: up to 210 lbs (95 kilos)
Wondering what kind of snowshoes will fit your needs ? See our MSR Snowshoes Information page or learn more about Snowshoeing with poles . Discover more about the MSR brand of products and the company profile .