Return Policy and FAQs
Please note our policy about multiple returns
- Can I return a clearance item? No, we are sorry. Clearance items are final sales.
- Up to how long can I return an item? Up to 60 days.
- Where do I return my item(s)? Unless given other instructions, please send all returns to our main Waterbury, VT warehouse. The address is listed at the bottom of this page.
- Does it still need to be NEW? YES. All items do need to be in a NEW and UNUSED condition. Do not detach or throw away any of the original tags or packaging until you are sure you want to keep the product. We want to be able to it to another outdoor lover, and we DO NOT sell USED gear. If your product is used, consider selling it online or making a donation to your favorite charity. If you send it back to us used or soiled, we will return it to you and charge you for the return shipping..
- What do I do first? Contact us for a Return Authorization (RA#) before returning your purchase. This lets us know to expect it and speeds up the processing of any credits to your account.
- Do I have to pay for return shipping? Yes, but use whatever method you'd like that is convenient to you.
- How long does it take to get my money back? We process returns once per week. So at the outside, we will inspect and restock your item and process a credit in 5 business days or less.
- What if I want an exchange? You can approach an exchange two ways:
- If you are interested in getting the alternate product faster, place a new order and we can get that product moving for you. Separately, send in the return and you won't have to wait for us to process the return and credit.
- Alternatively, you can return the item you have and make a note for us to call you to place a new order when we have processed your original order. If you use this method it will take a bit longer for you to get your exchanged product, but saves you from having a double cost for the time it takes for your original order to reach us and be processed.
PLEASE NOTE our return policy for boots and shoes! We will allow up to two returns per customer per buying period. After that, a $25.00 restocking fee per pair will apply. What does this mean? Basically, we are a family business and relatively small operation. We love to serve our customers but we are not able to send and restock multiple shoes to aid in a single purchase decision. If you are near our store in Vermont, come on in and try some things on! (you might want to call first to make sure we have your size here). You may want to consider going to your nearby store to check style and fit. Or order as many as you like from us and plan to pay the restocking fee. Thanks in advance for your understanding and cooperation.