The Zamberlan 996 Vioz GT Hiking Boot delivers everything you want from a hiking and backpacking boot, plus an amazing amount of comfort.
Zamberlan's Italian-made VIOZ is a super comfortable, full-grain leather boot ideal for carrying moderate to heavy loads on extended backpacking trips. The Vioz GT's simple and classic design also makes it a great everyday boot for hiking or outdoor work . The Vioz even looks classy enough to go out on the town!
Your feet are guaranteed to stay dry and comfortable in the worst of conditions thanks to handcrafted Italian full-grain Hydrobloc™ treated leather, a waterproof breathable GORE-TEX® lining, and moisture wicking anatomic footbeds . The exclusive Zamberlan VIBRAM® 3D sole, with its deep lugs, provides great grip, comfort, wear resistance and traction. Customers with wide feet beware, you'll need to go up a 1/2 size or the Vioz's performance fit will feel too snug for you. You should check out the 1066 Vioz Plus; a sturdier boot with the width you'll appreciate.
Features of the Zamberlan 996 VIOZ GT Hiking Boots:
- Durable, single-piece Hydrobloc® full-grain leather uppers offer excellent support and flexibility
- Seam-sealed Gore-Tex® liners protect feet from wet weather and allow excess moisture vapor to escape, keeping feet dry and comfortable
- Nylon linings wick moisture away from your feet, further ensuring dry comfort
- Padded and gusseted tongues relieve lace pressure across insteps while also keeping out trail debris; heel loops aid entry
- Removable, moisture-wicking insoles are anatomic for extra comfort and are perforated for ventilation and moisture control
- Polyurethane midsoles provide all-day cushioning while thermoplastic urethane midsole shanks enhance rigidity and stability on uneven terrain
- Exclusive Vibram® rubber outsoles deliver durability and reliable traction on rough ground
Specifications of the Zamberlan 996 VIOZ GT Hiking Boots:
- Handcrafted in Italy
- Width: Medium
- Weight (per pair, size 9): 3 lbs 8 oz (1580 g)
- Upper: Hydrobloc™ Premium Full-grain Leather
- Lining: GORE-TEX®
- Footbed: Active-Carbon Anatomic Footbed
- Sole: Zamberlan™ VIBRAM® 3D
Want to know more about this great boot ? Look at this review of the Zamberlan 996 Vioz in action:
Customers who like the Zamberlan 996 VIOZ GT Hiking Boots also liked the Zamberlan 1023 Latemar NW Mountain Trekking Boots.
Read our April 2010 BLOG for a review and more information about the Zamberlan 996 Vioz!
1 customer reviews
Great Boot for real hikers!By Debi July 27, 2016
I developed shin splints last year on the AT 100 Mile Wilderness in Maine. I am now 63 and hike lots. I got great advise by Debbie at the store on my choice of boots.The Zamberlan boots are sturdy and have really helped my shin splints 100%. The rolling action of the soles are great! I have great ankle support and the soles are great on the rocks of the AT as we continue Maine's trails. If you like a real old fashioned leather hiking boot with support and aggressive soles, this is a great boot!